Apply Now Translate


If you have a question about English Unlimited please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below. If you can't find an answer to your question please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.


Q: I got an SMS from EU to pick up my medibank card. Where do I collect it?
A: Go to Student Care and ask them for it.

Q: I lost/left my ________ in the classroom. Where can I find it?
A: Go to Student Care and ask for the lost and found box.

Q: I want to get a student ID.
A: We will take a picture of you for your Student ID at your orientation. If you lose your card a $5 fee applies for a replacement.

Q: Can I use my Student ID to get concession travel?
A: No. In Melbourne and Sydney International students are not eligible for concession travel.  In Brisbane you need to be studying a VET or university course to apply for a concession Go card.  

Q: Can you photocopy things for me? Can I buy paper from EU for printing?
A: All EU students will have $10 credit in the beginning of their study. This can be recharged at Student Care. This can be used for printing. 

  • Photocopies- 10 cents per page
  • Blank printing paper- 10 cents per sheet
  • Recycled printing paper- free 

Q: I want to check my attendance. What should I do?
A: Go to Student Care before class, during break time or after class. We will not check your attendance during class times!

Q: I want to complain about something.
A: We are sorry you are not happy, but we will listen to your complaint and try to solve the problem.

  • If your complaint is about your class, please speak to your teacher first. If your teacher cannot help you, speak to the Academic Manager.
  • If your complaint is about the school, please speak to Student Care first. If Student Care cannot help you, speak to Youngeun, the Principal Administrator.

Q: What are my login and passwords for using the computers?
A: Your login is your student number and the password will be given to you at orientation on your first day. If you forget you can always ask Student Care.

Q: What is an Intention to Report letter?
A: It is to notify you that your attendance has gone below 80% and therefore the school is obliged to report you to immigration as you have not fulfilled your visa requirements. 


Q: How many levels of General English are there at EU?
A: We have 5 levels: Beginner, Elementary, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate and Advanced.

Q:  How many hours will I study every week?  And what days will I study?
A:  You will study 20 hours per week. Day students study five hours per day from Monday to Thursday.  Evening students study four hours per evening from Monday to Friday. We have free extra classes on Friday. 

Q:  Do you have night classes?
A:  We currently have an General English evening classes at all campuses. In addition we have FCE Preparation evening classes in Brisbane and IELTS evening classes in Melbourne and Sydney. We will open more evening classes in the future.  If you are interested please let us know.  

Q: I’ve just come back from a holiday, should I go straight back to my class?
A: No, please see Student Care before going to your classroom.

Q: I want to change from morning to evening. What should I do?
A: Fill out a transfer form at Student Care.

Q: I want to change my level/class. What should I do?
A: You can book a class movement test. Speak to your teacher first, then go to Student Care. The written test is on Tuesdays and the speaking interview is on Fridays.

Q: I would like to move to another college. What should I do?
A: Fill out a Student Course Variation Form at Student Care. 

Q: I am going back to my home country. What should I do?
A: Fill out a Student Course Variation Form at Student Care.

Q: I’m late for class!
A: Your teacher will mark you absent for 1 hour if you are more than 15 minutes late. You need to sign the safety book at Student Care.

Q: I would like to know how long I have been studying in my current level.
A: Go to Student Care and ask them to check for you. 

Q: I think I need a new textbook.
A: Go to Student Care and ask them to check for you. Remember if you change levels you will need a new textbook!

Plus classes, Boost Classes and Barista training

Q: I want to join the Friday Barista Skills training class. What should I do?
A: You need to have intermediate English and have 90%+ attendance. Sign up at Student Care ($150 for 2 week course)

Q: I want to join the Friday Boost class. What should I do?
Sign up at Student Care. 

Q: I want to join a Plus class. Do I need to sign up? 
A: You don’t need to sign up. Plus classes run from Monday to Thursday from 3pm-4pm.


Q: Do Australians tip?
A: Tipping is not really part of Australian culture. If you’re REALLY happy with the service in a restaurant you might add 10%, but usually, it’s not common.

Q: Is Australia in drought?
A: Australia is a very dry country and there are water restrictions in place. Have short showers and try to limit them to one a day if possible.

Q: What is the currency in Australia?
A: We use a dollar and cent system. There are 100 cents in 1 dollar.

Q: Is Australian English the same as British English or American English?
A: Australian English is a mixture of American and British English, but there are some words that are unique to Australia! Australians often contract words and use informal colloquialisms or slang. Here are a few examples  of the common Aussie slang you will hear:

arvo afternoon
mozzie mosquito
g'day good day
sunnies sunglasses
barbie barbecue (BBQ)